tsloan is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Database to share point can i make it work

So I am wanting to upload my Databse to share point. This is what I have I am working with.

So I have 4 linked tables to excel - data updated daily
    then I have several fixed tables in the database
    So what it is is sales data and inventory data for several locations.
    I have combined this data all together using union quireies and a final quirie pulling it all together
    The final quiry is pulled back into excel where I have bulit a pivot table as a tool to sumarise the data.

The reason I want to use share point is so that I can have multiple users update the 4 linked tables and refresh the final excel table.

Will this upload to sharepoint and work? I have read that Union Quiries don't work in share point

If not do I have other options?

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    If all of the users are on the same LAN network I would suggest implementing an Access Desktop Database and split the database as a front end and a backend.

If you use Access to share data via SharePoint, you will need to create an Access Web Application. I do not know much about Access Web Applications. So I cannot offer any advice on how to create one.

bigot is offline Advanced...ish
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    ItsMe's suggestion is probably the easiest solution. However, a shared .accdb back-end is sooooooo slow.

I've not used Sharepoint, but you should be able to union Sharepoint lists (they call them something different, look up "Combined View"). Another option (which I love) is an SQL back-end. You can create views (equivalent to queries) in there, and use SQL to do so.

Depending on the type of SQL back-end (MSSQL, MySQL, etc) and the version of Access you have, you may need to download and install an ODBC driver on each of the computers using this database. This is annoying if you have different versions of access on the computers.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.