cafirf is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Create columns in a query based on 3 columns in the parent table that share the same child table

Hi Guys,

The question seem to be confusing but it is quite simple. I am creating a a query from a parent table that contains a list of wines. Part of the columns are based on the child table references. 3 of these columns in the query are the wine vintage (the year it was produced), the year that the wine is good to drink and the year it matures. Given that these 3 columns have the same type of information "year" I created a child table with the year. the problem is that, when I create a query, if I add the child table "year" to the query, I donīt know how to make access show the information I want. Basically I need access to show 1 column for the wine vinage, other for the year that the wine matures and the last should be the year that the wine is good to drink. Since access records the key into the parent table and I want to see the year , how can I make access show the "year" instead of the "Primary Key" for each of these columns?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capturar.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	22492

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You have 3 fields for a year value? I would not save ID, I would eliminate the ID from Ano and just save the year.

Otherwise, have to include the Ano table in the query 3 times.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

cafirf is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Thank you June7.

I changed the child table and removed the ID as you explained and it is working.

Regads,
    Cafi

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.