Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BudMan is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Question Images not showing or printing in "Print Mode"

I just updated to the latest version of Office 365 and now have MS Ascess "2016 MSO (16.0.4229.1029) 32-bit" installed on my Win 10 PRO 64-bit system.

I have images in several reports that I print out. These images displayed and printed just fine under the older version of Access. Under the new version, they neither display, nor print. They are visible in Report, Layout and Design view, but not in print view. They do not print nor do they export to a PDF file either.

What happened between the older version and the newer one and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

JamesDeckert is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    I wonder if there is a default settings change. How are you referencing where the image is? If manually selected, try browsing to them again.

NTC is offline VIP
    do a quick & dirty sanity check: create a brand new image control in your report... does it have same behavior as the existing image control?

BudMan is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    do a quick & dirty sanity check: create a brand new image control in your report... does it have same behavior as the existing image control?
    I have deleted the images, then saved and exited from Access. I then reopen the database and reinsert the image. The exact same behavior is exhibited as before. I just cannot find out what the problem is.

NTC is offline VIP
    well one must eliminate all variable elements; be sure you really have the image control rather than the unbound object frame control.....

this will take 1 minute: create a brand new db with nothing but a report - and in that report add nothing but 1 image control and via the wizard it offers have it bring in a .jpg available on your pc. option the report for print preview mode. verify it works/looks ok... you should have just a report page with that image. then right click and select Export and send it to PDF....then check that PDF.

this all definitely works in 2013... I haven't installed 2016 .... so you would have to report this kind of error direct to Microsoft....

if this test does work for you - - then some aspect of your existing app is different....

BudMan is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Angry

I have already gone that route. Exactly how do I report this directly to Microsoft. This isn't open-source software, where I could actually talk to the developers.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    MS has probably already heard this complaint. Have you gone to MS site to see if there is someplace to post issues? MS used to have it's own forum, don't know what's there now.

Unless you are paying for support services, I doubt you will get any help there.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Deleting the images may not be enough. I believe it was suggested to delete the control.

DrGUI is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Select the image in the report, then make sure the "Display When" option in the Format tab in Properties is set to "Always".

BudMan is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    I have double checked that. Everything worked fine in Access 2013. Microsoft support wants $499. for support. They obviously have a drug problem. That is nearly 5 times more than I am paying for the subscription. This is why the industry is moving to Open-Source software. You can actually talk with a developer and get assistance without having to mortgage your home.

pbaldy is online now Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Nice find Paul

BudMan is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Thumbs up

That is exactly the problem. What really pisses me off is that they obviously knew what the problem was, but still wanted to charge me $499 to tell me it was a BUG on their part. Now they will sit on their asses for months before fixing it. WHY wasn't this product properly BETA tested BEFORE release?

Thanks for your help Paul.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
    ... WHY wasn't this product properly BETA tested BEFORE release...
    It was available for free download for quite some time. The pre-release version had a button that you could click and let the Office team know of things you liked and disliked. You could include screenshots, message, thumbs/up/down. etc.

BudMan is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    I find it inconceivable that nobody discovered this before it was released. In any case, Microsoft released an obviously defective product. Attempting to get me to pay $499 for support for a product that they know is defective is appalling. I clearly explained the problem to their technician and he seemed to understand exactly what I was saying.

Oh, I tried the suggested FIX, but it doesn't seem to be working. Right now I am so pissed off at this whole thing that I am not going to invest any more time on it today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.