Gina Maylone is offline Always learning
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Having same image (logo) on each form/report

Hello again!

I can't seem to get my head wrapped around this. I have a Company Information table and form which includes the company logo (as an attachment). I want that logo to show up on all the forms and reports, without the users having to use the Insert Image button on the ribbon. I just want it to be there. I have managed to handle all of the other image needs, but just can't get this one. Point me in the right direction please?

Thank you again in advance!
    Gina

User is someone who 'uses' your database, It seems you are talking about developers. Cant you copy and paste it quickly onto the forms where you need it?

The only alternative I can think of is putting it on the switch board and using that to navigate. But that's not something I do.

NTC is offline VIP
    In Access 2013, when the form/report is in design view; in the ribbon there is an image control - simply drag that into the object - and then the wizard will step you thru selecting the image file to be displayed....

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrownandy View Post
    User is someone who 'uses' your database, It seems you are talking about developers. Cant you copy and paste it quickly onto the forms where you need it?

The only alternative I can think of is putting it on the switch board and using that to navigate. But that's not something I do.
    Users are users. Each company will have their own logo, which they will select when they setup their company info. I want them to only have to choose it once.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    In Access 2013, when the form/report is in design view; in the ribbon there is an image control - simply drag that into the object - and then the wizard will step you thru selecting the image file to be displayed....
    Thank you, that is the control I am trying to avoid. Each company will have their own logo, which they will select when they setup their company info. I want them to only have to choose it once.

I misunderstood. I thought you wanted the same logo. apologies.

No worries! :-)

NTC is offline VIP
    In that case you will want a linked image from a defined location....so you will need to use a bound image control that calls/points to file in a folder... all users would need to have the folder name, file name and folder in the exact same location in order for the path to survive all situations.....

What Gina means is.. A company will have its own logo.. The database had several companies. each company is assigned an image on table level.

on the form there would be a space for the associated image of that company to show.

That's what she needs help with. (I don't know how to do it)

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Options:

1. a table that stores images in Attachment or OLEObject field (I use Attachment field).

2. a table that stores file path and file name of external image file into a text field

Will this db have only 1 company's data? So you give blank db to a client company and they set it up for their use?

When db is opened, code can look for record in Logo table and if not found, prompt user to navigate to and select an image file. Whether you store the image or just path determines which popup the user will be given.

Either way, the Logo table would be included in the report RecordSource and Image control bound to the image (Attachment or text) field. Although if you store just path, a DLookup() expression in Image control ControlSource property can pull the path string from table.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks Homegrownandy!

Thanks June, yes, one company's data. I currently have the Logo stored in the Company Information table as an attachment. In the company information form, I can double click on the "box" and navigate to the image - works fine. I would then like that selected image to appear on all of the forms and reports. So I need a field for the path and filename on each form/report?

June7 is online now VIP
    As I described, table would have to be included in all forms and reports RecordSource by binding Image control to the field. Since you store the image (not filepath) in table, bind an Image control to the Attachment field.

This is why I don't do logo on all objects. Only on reports that are distributed out of the office.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    What is wrong with NTC's suggestion? Hardcode the path and use the same path on each client machine. Use file system object to create the directory and paste the correct image at the time of setup.

June7 is online now VIP
    The questions I now have are: Why must the logo be dynamic? Where is this db deployed? Is it only on your system Gina? Or are you distributing this to clients outside your system?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.