CycleC is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Question Runtime Error 3709 Using Access Runtime 2010 on Some Computers

I have Macro that runs a saved import of a text file. The Macro works on my computer with the full version of Access 2010, It also works on another computer on my network with Access Runtime 2010. The problem is I have 2 computers on the same network running Access Runtime 2010 and the Macro does not work. A 'Stop all Macros' Error message come up with error '3709'. I'm am very confused at why the error comes up on 2 computers with Runtime, but the import works on the other computer with Runtime. The OS is Windows 7 on all the computers.

I have already tried the following to fix the problem:
    -compact and repaired both the front end and back end of the database.
    -uninstalled and reinstalled Access Runtime on the computers that are giving me the error.
    -I have made sure that the location of the text file being imported is on the list of trusted locations in the database.

Anyone have any ideas? I need to run testing next week with the users and I can't figure this one out. Usually I can find the answer I'm looking for by serching this forum but this time I haven't been able to come up with anything.
    Thanks for the help!
    C

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    rather than googling 'error 3709', try googling the text description of the error

CycleC is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Thumbs up

Ajax- I did google the error the message, not just the error code. I still didn't come up with anything......Thanks for the reply though!

Good News though! I did figured out the problem, the computers that were getting the error did not have the latest windows 7 OS updates on them. After I updated the OS, the Access Runtime worked just fine.
    I'm really not sure why or how this fixed the problem, but it did! I also need to talk with IT and ask them why these computers don't have automatic updates turned on ....?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.