Property Sheet in design view

When opening an access object (Form, report, table or query) in design mode (Access2013), the speed at which the Property Sheet responds depends on how long it has been since a windows update has taken place. To be more specific, immediately after an update and reconfiguration, the Property Sheet responds almost instantaneously; after a few days it can take several minutes to respond. I first thought it may have been a fault with my laptop, so bought a new one and the problem remained. Does anyone have this problem and know of a possible solution? Thanks in anticipation!

SiciliandoBlue.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    no, I get this in other versions too.
    you could try compacting, but eventually it gets slow again.
    i find clicking design while the object is closed, works faster.

blazee is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I searched high and low for the property sheet redrawproblem. I have a surface pro 3 with great spec and access 2016 installed inwhich I develop. Every now and then the property sheet would start to redrawitself (front left to right oddly) and made development work excruciatinglypainful, so much so that I would just restart the machine. Now oddly I cameacross the solution from a completely different angle. My Surface would become extremelyhot, so much so I couldn’t actually hold it. After searching around for a fixto that problem I discovered that if I turned OneDrive off the system wouldcool down immediately. I also noticed that my property sheet issue stopped. Iam not sure whether the heat was causing memory fault and therefore causing propertysheet issue or whether the fact that OneDrive was indexing whilst I wasdeveloping was causing it, but I did have a client that had the same issuerecently and I recall a few months before they had an issue with access causeby their IT crowd putting our software (which runs off access) into a folderthat synched with their server using the Windows Synch center so I suspect itis to do with Indexing/synching.

blazee is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Literally as I made that post, after 4 days of not having problems, my property sheet issue has returned but this time OneDrive is off, strangely though something else is causing my device to overheat, I have literally nothing open except explorer, edge, and a few folders, so not sure why heat issue is back. So perhaps its related to heat issues which may cause issues with memory. I'm going to try disable indexing in services.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.