weisssj is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Training Records Database

I'm attempting to put together a Training Records database that will keep track of our employees' skill sets.

Essentially, I want to keep track of each employee individually with a list of all possible skill sets, and levels of those skills (i.e. Untrained/Unqualified, In-Training, Qualified, Certified). The difference between Qualifed and Certified is that to be "certified" they are evaluated, and it would be nice to put the date they are "certified" for that particular task.

One of the other uses would be that if a certain job where to be coming up, we could browse "reports" to see which technicians are qualifed and/or certified for that specific skill.

And, of course, to be able to print out that one employee's overall "training record" with all skills with their levels.

So I ask for a little guidance and assistance if you will. I'm assuming that I would build a table for the employees, with items such as first/last name, employee #, contact info, etc. Another table would have "the list" of all the different skill sets.

Any help or guidance?

Thanks!

Datagopherdan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Take a look at a look at the Student Scheduling database on my site. This tracks the courses students took and schedules them for them. Whereas yours would be to track the skills, which sounds to be the same logic. If it's along the same lines of logic, that you're looking for, let me know and I'll let you know what tables and structure to use.

Dan

Windows XP Access 2007
    This looks to be along the same lines of logic. Keeps track of each individual student (employee) and each class (skill). And like you said, I am tracking skills versus scheduling.

Datagopherdan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    I am attaching a stripped down version of the student scheduling database. It only contains the tables and the relationships, so you can get an idea on how to set it up. I removed alot of the tables, which you probably would not need for your database.

Hope this helps.

Windows XP Access 2007

Question

Looked at your version and got a "somewhat" understanding.

I've attached what I've put together so far. I'm missing something on putting this all together, but I just can't figure it out. Perhaps you could clue me in here.

I have a table that is for employees, and one that lists the skills. I created a third to essentially be the one that keeps track of what employee is doing for each skill.

Thanks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.