Tman is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Query / table row as form field questions

Hi all,

quick question I just want confirmed (beginner present!) - can you base a form on a query? eg If i make a query with a number of 'questions' can these questions each be added to the form and if so where does the response data go when the user submits this as the form is not bound to a table?

big story short I have a fairly big survey type db I am wanting to make, there is around 250 questions in total, broken up into 8 tables/categories. I was told instead of having a separate question tables for each criteria and a form based off each, I should have one table with a field 'question txt' which contains all questions, and another field being 'section', which i would then assign to each question, however in form design view the form bases the questions off table 'fields', which in the tables are 'question txt', not the questions as they are rows in that table, if that makes sense?!!!

any advice appreciated

Cheers
    TB

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I'm not sure about the second part (the survey db) but as far as using form for enter criteria into a query, heres how:

1. create a textbox (or combobox or w/e) and name it (the object itself, not the label).
    2. in the query builder, enter Forms!formname!objectname (where formname is the name of your form and object name is the name of the textbox, combobox, etc) in the criteria line.

Now when you run the query, it will look for the value stored in that object in the form. I think that's what youre trying to do?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.