a4ron is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Syncronize/Updated data from ODBC MySQL Connection to MS Access Tables Specific Fields

Hi,

I have used a connector driver and attached to a MySQL database with product data - product code, size, length etc. used in a website.

I also have another local database within MS Access which is used to update a product design program that has other columns fields - (ID, Etc.) but also contains the size and lengths of the products. I need the local DB (MS Access) to be updated/syncronized with changes from columns (length, size) that will have been altered on the MySQL database (as the master), there will also be new products added to the MySQL that needs to download to the local MS Access DB.

Is there an easy way of doing this in MS Access, I have tried various ways but cannot seem to get this to work? (admittedly a bit of a novice in MS Access)

Evey time I create a relaionship with the two product code fields I get a on-to-one relationship, but I guess I will need to link each filed I need to update (length, size etc.) and enforce referential integrity, But this is always unavailable?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    you can't enforce referential integrity between tables in different db's.

Looks like you will need two queries, one to do the updates and one to do the inserts for new products

However I would look at your db design - why not just link to the MySQL table and use this linked table to provide the values you want?

a4ron is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks,

How would I go about doing this "link to the MySQL table and use this linked table to provide the values you want"?
    Is this simple enough to do?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    go to the external data tab and select ODBC database, then follow the prompts

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.