magnusstefan is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013

IS SSRS included in any version of MS SQL Server Express 2012 or 2014?

IS SSRS included in any version of MS SQL Server Express 2012 or 2014?

If not, is there any other convenient way to create input forms and

output reports when testing queries created in a MS SQL Server Database?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What is SSRS?

Since you posted in an Access forum, I presume you know that Access can serve as an interface to MS SQLServer?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a report generation software system which is part of MS SQL Server services. That is all I know, and my problem is that I do not know if it is included in the only free version om MSSQL, the MSSQL Server express version.

Yes, I know very well that Access can be used as interface to MS SQL server! I have not tried it yet since there seems to be some possible compatibility limitations concerning data formats. But maybe I should start there anyway? May I ask if you have you tried this possibility yourself and found it useful?

June7 is offline VIP
    I haven't built any SQL or Oracle dbs myself but I have linked Access to them. I can't do any data entry/edit of those dbs, read only. What data formats are you concerned about?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

NTC is offline VIP
    Am pretty sure SSRS is not part of Express. In my humble opinion Microsoft was forced to give away Express to counter MySQL incursion. But SSRS is a revenue product.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Not any special formats, I just want investigeting if there are any reasonable convinient way to bild forms connected to an MS SQL database, forms which works in more or less the same way as in MS Access.

NoellaG is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Hi,

The reporting services are available in the express version, starting from Version 2012, but you need to download the version with advanced services.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Hi all, and thank you for your participation!

For some reasons, now forgotten, and I apologize for it, I never gave a final answer in this thread, so that comes now:

Orange suggested a link, which showed that SSRS really are a part of MS SQL Server Express, and NoellaG then confirmed it: "Hi, The reporting services are available in the express version, starting from Version 2012, but you need to download the version with advanced services."

And so it is!

If anyone needs to try SSRS on MS SQL Server, I just want to add, that when you finally has found the download page given by "Orange", the file should have a name like "SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe.nqozvtr" or something similar (If you have a 64-bit system, of course). Then you should get both the MS SQL Server, the instruments you need to take care of it, and the SSRS! (That is how I remember it anyway; it was some months ago I finally managed to do the correct installation.)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.