Scott Chang is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Access 2007: (1) My first Macro is an Unrelated Object, and (2) My second Macro is not working

Hi all,
    I just started doing the Macros of Access 2007 in Windows 7 Enterprise PC. I have 4 Tables (PetPals Customers, PetPals Orders, PetPals Products, and Switchboard Items).
    (1) I started my first Macro "MacroLesson1a" in the following way: Highlighted the "PetPals Customers" Table and created a new Form "PetPalsCustomers" and a new Macro "MacroLesson1a" that has the following Action and Arguments: Action Argument
    OpenForm PetPalsCustomers, Form,,,,Normal
    GoToRecord ,,New.

I saved and executed this Macro. It worked. But, this "MacroLesson1a" appeared as an Unrelated Object. Did I do it wrong? Why does it appear under the "Unrelated Objects"?

(2) I tried to do a new Macro called "MacroLesson1b" for doing "To Create a Macro to Run the Find Command" as following Action and Arguments:
    Action Arguments
    GoToControl Select the LastName Field
    Where the LastName field is in the "PetPals Customers" Table.

If I created a new Macro with the above-listed Action and Arguments, it did not work. If I created a new Macro with the following Action and Arguments:
    Action Arguments
    OpenForm PetPalsCustomers, Form,,,,Normal
    GoToRecord ,,New.
    GoToControl Select the LastName field.
    This Macro did not work either.

Please kindly help, advise me how I can resolve the problems of (1) and (2), and respond.

Thanks in advance,
    Scott Chang

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    (1) Appears to be normal behavior. I never set navigation pane to 'Tables and Related Views'. I don't think Macros and Modules are considered 'objects' related to table.

(2) What does 'did not work' mean - error message, wrong results, nothing happens?

Do you have lookups with alias set in table? Advise not to. http://access.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm

I don't use macros, only VBA.

Advise no spaces or special characters/punctuation (underscore is exception) in naming convention.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.