bwian1234 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Find and replace search giving either asc or desc results

Hi, I have a DB and I have a button that triggers the find and replace. this will search over 100K entries and filter a specific client. The clients record can be 100's of entries.
    this all works fine, but its always ascending and I have to scroll to the bottom for the latest record.

I can't set it to show Descending permanently as some employees can't cope with change. so...

I have a checkbox on my form for either Ascending or descending results. Is there any way I can get the find / replace to reference it, Or can I re-sort them after the search.

I've tried putting re-sort code on the 'find' button as lostfocus and mouseup but it doesn't work.

can anyone help please,
    fanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Code can set the form ORDER BY property.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I have that. I can put the records in order. but it has to be done separate from the find and replace.

what I am after is when someone searches using the find and replace, the find and replace will look at the checkbox and order the records depending on its value?

June7 is offline VIP
    Wait, you are opening the Find/Replace dialog? Why? Do you really want to allow users to do global replace of data in a table?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Erm... Yes. I didn't write the original database, it was done back in the late 90's and gets 'updated' periodically. It is that time again and I have the task of updating it.
    there are only 5 employees that have access to it and they are all trained and trusted. I may look at removing the Find and replace one day, but not at the moment.

June7 is offline VIP
    Do users have the ribbon and right click shortcut fully available? They can use the intrinsic tools to do filter and sort.

If you want to keep the Find/Replace then I think will need another button to trigger the sort code - maybe a toggle button.

I'm about to disable the ribbon. I already have a toggle button. I think I'll leave it as it is and start working on a better search facility
    thanks for your help .

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.