SethG is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

URL (website) display options in SharePoint

I am having an issue with the way my URLs (website links) are displaying on my SharePoint page. I have posted a few images for your reference and hope that someone can help. In my main table I have a text field in which I put URLs (I know there is a specific URL type field but it doesn't work the way I would like it to). I want to display an acronym on my sharepoint page so I have listed in my table [Acronym]#[URL]#. I show this format in the first image from my table. The second table shows my form as it displays on my form within Microsoft Access. Notice how only the acronym is displayed. Whatever is typed between the hashtags (#) is not displayed. However, once I upload this form to SharePoint it does not keep this same formatting and instead displays the acronym, hashtags and url. Does anyone know how to get SharePoint to display these URL's in the same way as my Access form (without showing the actual URL). Clicking on the Acronym will also take you to the website like a link.

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails urlproblem3.png   urlproblem1.png   urlproblem2.png  

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Disclaimer: I do not use Sharepoint. I have not tried Sharepoint. I can barely say Sharepoint.

However, it appears that you are breaking the !st normal form.
    I have listed in my table [Acronym]#[URL]#
    You have two pieces of data in one field; should be broken out to two fields. In a query, you can merge them together for display purposes.
    Don't know why the URL is not displaying in Access display; maybe because the hash marks are date delimiters in Access....

Don't think you can execute VBA in Sharepoint. Maybe a macro could open the URL if double click on the Acronym...

My $0.02...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.