1)Does anyone know the vba and or properties section to control filtering for Pivot Charts and Pivot Tables in Access 2010? When I use the dropdown filter on my pop up pivot tables and charts, it must be saving upon closing of the form. Even when I close and open the database again the check box for all is no longer present and only the previously selected items of the filter are checked.

2) Does anyone know how to format a pivot table with the banded color format (alternating shades to make lines more distinct)?

3) Is there a way to use two tables to generate one pivot table or chart? I have 2 years worth of data that I don't need to pull from my server each time. However the latest two weeks of records from the same table are live and changing constantly. I am able to query the last two weeks and a local table of the remaining 2 years worth of data as to not bog down the server. The only way I idea I have come up with for doing this is to create an append query that acts conditionally on a query that determines whether the local table has the strings "yymmdd" of the last two report periods by comparing the results of two Max(report periods column)s for the selected ID. If they aren't equal, than the append query should append the most recent week or two of data to the local table. At this point I would base my pivot table and pivot chart off of only the the local table. The problem is, I don't know the vba to tell access to compare the result of the Max() functions from the two queries I run on the the local archive, and live table on the server. Can anyone help? There is also the issue that although their may be a value in the local table for the most current two weeks, it might be updated in the server based table. Then I might have to go about using an update query without knowing what the Primary ID of the last two weeks are, but that's a smaller issue and will be encountered less often. Anyone able to help????!