Ruegen is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Public variable not updating for each function

In one module I have made some public variables - one of which is a string

in other modules I have functions that change that string, sort of update it depending on what task it is.

For some reason if one function changes it, only the first will change it. The others don't update the string and I can't figure out why

Any suggestions?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Show code.

These variables are referenced by various modules? The variables are declared in header of a general module? Or are they used by procedures of only one module?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Show code.

These variables are referenced by various modules? The variables are declared in header of a general module? Or are they used by procedures of only one module?
    I had it in each public sub or function in (I'm pretty sure no functions) which are in different modules.

I have a module that just declares the variables for use in other ones - the one I can't change is the nav variable highlighted in the image

I'm wondering if because the variable is declared in one module you can't change it in another??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	17957

note: because I am using PHP on the site I have to change the link to the navigation for every html page that is built - so each task gets their own path of the url.

I think I have to change the variable into a string function and call the variable (with the path passed through) each time.

So I think I have just solved it...

Ruegen is offline VIP
    yup I solved it (thanks to your help - it made me think about what I was doing)

I basically made a string variable strHTMLTop and thought I could change the variable in the string which wasn't going to work just by changing the variable in the string before it was called.

I converted it to a string function and passed the url I wanted each time it was called - easy fix. Now it works.

Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.