I created an Access database and migrated my back-end to Teradata and using the front-end in Access. I created the links to the back-end in this front-end Access and zipped it up and sent it to my end-users. I had them open the database up and then do a relink to the existing and it asked for their server name, ldap, userID, password, and the database name. When they relink, it runs about half way through and then they get ODBC call failed. I don't have this issue. Mine relinks in about 2mins. So, I had them try checking the checkbox to always prompt for new location and had them select the server and click ok. Then it prompts for userID, ldap, password and the database is already there. Then they click ok and that server box to type in the userID and all pops up again but this time only has server name, ldap and database. The userID and password are blank and it looks as if the relink is happening, but it is not and they get ODBC call failed. I am thinking perhaps I cannot setup the link to the tables already for them and they have to do it themselves. Is this the case? Any Access I have used to ODBC to any server, I have always had to select the tables myself. No one has ever provided me with a DB that it is already there and I just relink. I was trying to bypass this because some of the end-users are very non-technical.

Thanks.