ajay_psingh25 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Convert Excel Spreadsheet

Hi Access Experts..

I need your help, i am new to MS Access. We have a very heavy MS Excel file which has morethan 100000 rows and has about 193 columns. We use this spreadsheet to refer premium associated with the insurance policy and benefit details.

We use this spreadsheet by filtering on three columns and then refer the information from other columns. I have attached a sample spreadsheet; where columns colored in "GREEN" is filtered first based on the plan ID, then column highlighted in "ORANGE" (Primary Carrier) is filtered and then column highlighted in "RED" (CUID) is filtered.

Once the filtered is done on these 3 columns, the details from columns highlighted in "PURPLE" are used to identify policy benefits and premium.

It is very slow when we do it on excel, because of enormous data on the spreadsheet.

I am looking for a MS Based tool, which has a form where details filtered in 3 columns "GREEN" (PLAN ID), "ORANGE" (PRIMARY CARRIER) and "RED" (CUID) is inputted and then the tool provides the details of columns in "PURPLE"

Please help be friends..... this will save me a lot of time, as the filtering on excel spreadsheet takes approx.30 mins per case.

Please note that the database spreadsheet that has 100000 rows needs to be loaded to MS access.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The Excel spreadsheet as structured will not import directly to an Access table. It will take some effort to normalize the data structure.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ajay_psingh25 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Table imported

I have imported a portion of the data from the actual spreadsheet. Remember the original spreadsheet has morethan 100000 rows and 193 columns. i truely appreciate your help..
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Lack of meaningful field names makes it harder to be sure but doesn't look like normalized structure.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.