pjenkins is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Combine multiple Excel sheets into single Access Database

Hi all,

Let me preface this by saying I am a novice when it comes to Access, I used it in college and that is about it. With that being said I am a little more versed in Excel and created the attached sheet to keep track of certain work things. My goal in Excel was to combine them all into a single Pivot Table which I did. The issue is everytime I add a sheet I need to redo the Pivot Table, which would be a hassle as I will continually be adding sheets. I'm hoping that there is an easier way this could be done using Access. The individual sheets are emailed to me and then I put them into one Excel file, is there a way to take that Excel file with all the sheets and import it to Access and be able to sort the data as I would with a Pivot Table in Excel? Any help (or if you just want to tell me no that is not what Access is for) would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I did not look at your spreadsheet but, if you understand the basics of Relational Database design, importing data to your DB should be easier. It is never easy getting flat data from a spreadsheet into a DB.

Anyway, If you have the table structure, the rest should be rather straight forward.

Hi ItsMe,

I am not sure I follow what you are saying, but it does appear that you are saying this is possible just laborious?

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by pjenkins View Post
    ...I am a little more versed in Excel and created the attached sheet to keep track of certain work things...
    It may be more laborious than you expected but the point I am trying to make is that you need to place your data into tables. Tables are not the same as spreadsheets. Perhaps reviewing the following video will help. It takes 15 minutes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQ-bRllhXc

More on Relational Databases and interacting with an RDBMS here. Not the only tutorials on the internet but, these are specific to designing a Relational Database.
    https://www.accessforums.net/tutoria...ase-45451.html

Thank you, I will look at the links you provided.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.