tmcrouse is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Missing Object library and .dll

I have Windows 7 and built an Access database and front-end for end-users. Some are on XP machines and are getting the error missing project library and this is on a portion of the front-end that deals with .txt files.

The other error is missing adoberfp.dll and this happens on opening a search functionality. This functionality has zero to do with Adobe but I suspect when they go to output an adobe file this might pop-up again. They can click ok for this error and continue but not the other error. The other error occurs when searching through a listbox that allows for text entry and they click the search button to search for certain records in the database. Is there any code I can put in to say if you have an XP machine load these reference files? I know from my developer version of this db, I can go into vb and the tools and add reference files I might be missing, but I don't see that on their version of access in the database tools area. Do I have to have everyone on XP walked thru on an area to add references?

hapm is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What are there references displayed in the VBA Library Reference Window? You should avoid explicit references to exact versions of the libraries, if you are sure that the installation environment provides proper versions for your tasks. Use CreateObject instead to do late binding in the vba code and avoid using the the types of the referenced library directly. Its common practice to develop the frontend with direct references in place, and remove them when the forntend is prepared for release. All references to library types get replaced by Object and all calls for creating objects are replaced by CreateObject("ClassName") where class name is the name of the class to create. If you don't know enougth about your installation environments, you should add some error handling code around the CreateObject call to handle missing libraries and give the user an understandable error message.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.