rhubarb is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Text Box results dependent on combo box selection

So I have a single form with a combo box that drops down with distinct job addresses from a customer table. I have multiple other text boxes on the same form, some on tabs, as the amount of data to display is a lot. How can I, depending on the selection in the combo box, refresh all the other text boxes to display the information from their corresponding tables? I've tried putting a me.refresh on the combo box but that doesn't seem to refresh all the other fields. I want to link all the text boxes to the job address that is selected and refresh them when that selection changes. Appreciate any help.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean by 'corresponding tables'? Why are there multiple tables data displayed on the form? Is this a form/subform arrangement? Why are these textboxes dependent on the combobox?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Well, that might be part of my problem. I have two tables, one with customer info and one with information regarding elevators for each customer. One customer can have multiple elevators. So I'm trying to display data from both the tables on the form so that the user can select from the combo box an address and the corresponding information will appear in the remaining list boxes effectively linking the combo box to all the list boxes.

Actually, I think it's safe to close this thread. I'm going to post in the db design first to get some ideas on how I should do this.
    Thank you.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I presume each elevator can be associated with only one customer.

Two methods to do what you describe.

1. multi-column combobox that pulls in all the parts of the address, then expressions in textbox reference columns of the combobox by their index number, index begins with 0 so column 2 is index 1
    =[comboboxname].[Column](x)

2. include the customer table in the form RecordSource, join type "Include all records from Elevators and only those from Customers that match", then bind textboxes to the fields from Customer table and set them as Locked Yes and TabStop No
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.