Slow access tables linked to sharepoint. How to fix it?

Hello community!
    I have developed an app on Access 2013 64 bit to control the inventory in my company for which I linked the 2 main tables to a SharePoint 2013 lists. Everything works nice and neath like I wanted and expected except for a little detail, every time I start the App or refresh the tables via a button I created, it takes a long long time to load.
    Is that because of the queries? or is there any good advise out there on how to improve the speed?

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I probably do not know of an answer to your question but, how did you create your SharePoint List? Did you create a profile and pay for a subscription to SharePoint?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    I probably do not know of an answer to your question but, how did you create your SharePoint List? Did you create a profile and pay for a subscription to SharePoint?

Yeah, I paid for one year service of SharePoint online so that wouldnt be the problem... thanks!

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I do not have any experience in SharePoint and the new Web Forms in Access. I can offer some basic advice for interacting with DB's over a WAN. You want to minimize the use of bandwidth. You want to use this bandwidth at specific times.

When someone uses their web browser to navigate to your domain you want the web page to load fast and let the user know your domain was found. In other words, you want your web page to load basic stuff like text and a small Jpg or two to let the user know they have arrived. Other events will query the web host and or DB as the user interacts with the page. What I am saying here is, load some basic stuff in the form, then when the user does something like hover a frame, trigger additional stuff to load the page.

Use this same approach while the user interacts with the DB. Load lists for combos into the web form's memory as they make selections from a certain combo. So, don't load the value lists of every combo at once, load them one at a time, as the user needs them. This is general and basic in description.

There are tools offered in newer versions of access to enhance the user experience over a WAN. I do not know how to use them, only that they are there.

Consider
    Calculated fields at the table level
    Web Forms
    Navigation Controls (Navigation Form Wizard)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.