Gina Maylone is offline Always learning
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Online form

Hello all, after speaking with MS Tech Support for 3 hours I am pulling my hair out.

My client has O365 Medium Business subscription. I am attempting to build a public facing web form so their customers can enter their information and request additional information. 20 fields without all the extra Sharepoint fields. I created an Access app linked to a sharepoint list that is to hold the data (in which my customer is also linked to in order to view the data), created a simple form from "Blank View", launched it and cannot enter data into it. The buttons are greyed out. I can enter data into the list from Access and can enter data into the datasheet view on the site. Is it something with the Blank View? I need that so that their customers can't see other's information.

I know I can do it in a straight Access app with SQL backend. But it is not as easily linked as a sharepoint list to their local database. MS's answer was to import the list instead of linking to it. Um, yea, sort of defeats the purpose of data in the cloud.

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
    Gina

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I don't know anything about SharePoint but, why not just build a form using basic HTML? You could collect the data from Web Users using basic HTML and store it in a secure area of the web server on a text file. You could then periodically FTP the text file or maybe link to it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.