SethG is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Published web form will not give me new line items.

I have published my access 2010 db to our sharepoint site and have been having a few headaches along the way. The one I am dealing with now is a data entry issue. Within Microsoft Access I have a form with 2 subforms that can be filtered with a combobox to the relevant item. Making a selection in this combobox nicely shows me only the entries on my subform that relate to the item I selected in the combobox. On my subforms, the moment I make a selection Access automatically gives me a fresh new blank line for my next entry. And I can continue to add entries til my heart is content.

However, when I am doing data entry via my SharePoint site it does not give me any new lines. For an individual document I wanted to create a history log that contains various milestones and dates to be meet. When that milestone occurs I can go in and add it to the history log to see the progress of each task. My SharePoint site does not add any additional line items to enter new records. Why is this????? Any help would be nice.

screenshots are provided to help.

Thanks,

Seth
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails access issue2.jpg   access issue1.jpg  

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I don't know anything about intrinsic Web Forms or Sharepoint. It seems your Web Form does not allow additions. Perhaps you can adjust the form's properties. Having said that, I would add that it is uncommon to have a desktop app allow for combos to filter a form and also have the form allow for additions.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.