Jgk is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

form with subform datasheet select criteria in main fill in sub

I have subform as datasheet named hoursentry that is based on table name project hours and it opens in add mode, on main form there is a combox to select contractor and it puts contractor name in subform datasheet field contractor with after update event. However, I need to change the combo box because contractors could enter hours incorrectly. Hence, I want to have contractor name preselected on open so no possibility of errors.

Attachment 15840

Attachment 15841

I have macro on load event to select contractor combo box.The predicament I am in is I want to limit form to specific contractor selectedfrom query and entered in contractor field in subform form. This form is basedon query for contractor and table project hours opened in add mode.
    Thanks for your assistance I do not know if pictures are viewable first time uploading screen shot

trevor40 is offline Advanced db Manager
    Windows XP Access 2003
    You will have to join contractor selectedfrom query to the form record source, post your queries "sql" so we can see.

Jgk is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    SELECT [Project Hours Query].ID, [Project Hours Query].Project, [Project Hours Query].Contractor, [Project Hours Query].DateWorked, [Project Hours Query].WorkDescription, [Project Hours Query].BillableHours, [Project Hours Query].ProjectType, [Project Hours Query].QBCode
    FROM [Project Hours Query];

I try to filter by criteria in design view field contractor cannot get to work.
    Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.