pschonen is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Another try... Heirarchy of web-based nav forms

OK... I posted this is the Macros forum the other day https://www.accessforums.net/macros/...orm-41801.html, but i am hoping someone here in the sharepoint forum might be more well versed in the issue.

So, I have created a web-based database app, complete with Navigation forms, and published it on a sharepoint server with Access Services. For the most part it works wonderfully, though i have had to do some work-arounds for the limitations in web-enabled forms/queries/reports.

One thing that i REALLY want to work that I cannot seem to get the right heirarchy for is opening a form, with filter/query option, in a dialog box when the form is located on a navigation form (actually 2 layers of navigation forms, vertical tabs, then with horizontal tabs). I will try to upload screenshots to help visualize the heirarchy.

Using the "OpenForm" function with a "Where" condition i can easily set the filtering if the form is loaded directly [filterfield]=[Forms]![formname]![fieldname]
    I do this via a button with an embedded macro

HOWEVER, when i open that same form through the layers of navigation forms, i get the error that it cant locate the object.

I tried using the SetTempVar command to set a variable, then added [TempVars]![variablename] as a parameter in the query. Either it is not passing the parameter to the query, or i am still not able to properly set that variable with the proper heirarchy so it HAS the desired value. It brings up the filtered dialog box but with blank results.
    It would seem that MS has not fully documented how controls are referenced through layers of navigation forms... if they have, I have not been able to find it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Access-shot1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	15541Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Access-shot2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	15542
    Last edited by June7; 02-24-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.