navychief is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Wondering how to change Title of a Report with text box

Kind of a beginner here that needs some assistance. I have a Training Roster report based on aquery. With the report there are threetext boxes that I want to be able to type into, for the report to show.Example: I select open Training RosterReport. It would open a text box askingfor me to type a Course Title, after typing the title in, another box wouldopen asking for course date and time, after typing that end and hitting returnbutton I would like to see the Training Roster Report with those items in it.
    I have tried placing an unbound text box with thecommand =[Course Title] in the Propertysheet/Data/Control Source and another unbound text box with the command =[Date and Time] ] in the Propertysheet/Data/Control Source in the header of the report. (Course Title and datesare not in this data base or any other)
    When I run the report a small window opens asking to enterparameter value =[Course Title]. I enter the course title and hit enter. The report displays butthe Course Title box is empty, nothing showing. Tried changing fill and font colors, that isnot it. I know its probably a simple thing but I just don’t know. Look forward tohearing from someone to enlighten me.
    Thomas

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    I would pass the Title to the Report in the OpenArgs argument of the OpenReport command and move it to the Report Title in the OnOpen event of the Report.

Keep it simple for a beginer Please

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    I would pass the Title to the Report in the OpenArgs argument of the OpenReport command and move it to the Report Title in the OnOpen event of the Report.
    You said "Pass the Title to the Report in the OpenArgs argument of the OpenReport command and move it to the Report Title in the OnOpen event of the Report."

Question 1: Where do I find "OpenArgs argument in the OpenReport Command" so that I can move it to the "OnOpen even of the Report?

Question 2: What about the second text box that I want to manually type in date and time?

At this time for the report I just go to the navigation pane and click on the report I want.

So you want the parameters for the report to both display in the header of the report and actually filter the report, correct?

You also do not have your own Switchboard Form but are simply using the native navigation view of Access, correct?

Here's the help on OPenReport and you can see that if you were to use this function you could both supply a WhereCondition argument along with whatever you wanted in the OpenArgs argument separated with a ";". You could have a Form ask those questions and then run the Report yourself.

expression
    .OpenReport(ReportName, View, FilterName, WhereCondition, WindowMode, OpenArgs)

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    Here's the help on OPenReport and you can see that if you were to use this function you could both supply a WhereCondition argument along with whatever you wanted in the OpenArgs argument separated with a ";". You could have a Form ask those questions and then run the Report yourself.

expression
    .OpenReport(ReportName, View, FilterName, WhereCondition, WindowMode, OpenArgs)
    Well I guess I will have to wait and purchase a Access book because when I mean simple, I mean simple, you are talking way over my head. with expression. OpenReports (Report etc...........) Where condition..... well over my head. I have a large table of information, about 12 different queries, and about 11 reports. OH and one input form. As I said simple.

It is actually pretty simple and I would be glad to help you get it going if you wanted to spend a little time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.