graccess is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Question Object doesn't contain the Automation object 'Form'

Having some difficulty fixing this issue in my macro. I believe it's coming from the 'Where Condition' = ="[Companytable].[CompanyID]=" & Nz([CompanyID],0)
    This is part of an OpenForm operation. Any suggestions on how to debug or what I should be considering would be helpful!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Review http://support.microsoft.com/kb/89610

Maybe remove the = sign.

Maybe remove [Companytable].

Consider VBA instead.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

graccess is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks. The removal of the = sign helped but I'm still getting an error with the query I'm running within the FROM clause of my SQL statement.

SELECT IIf(IsNull([Ticker]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Company],[Quickhit]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Ticker],[Ticker] & ", " & [Quickhit])) AS [File As], IIf(IsNull([Ticker]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Company],[Quickhit]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Ticker],[Quickhit] & " " & [Ticker])) AS CompanyName, ResearchNotes.*, Companytable.*
    FROM Companytable LEFT JOIN ResearchNotes ON Companytable.CompanyID = ResearchNotes.CompanyID
    ORDER BY IIf(IsNull([Ticker]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Company],[Quickhit]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Ticker],[Ticker] & ", " & [Quickhit])), IIf(IsNull([Ticker]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Company],[Quickhit]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Ticker],[Quickhit] & " " & [Ticker]));

The error reads, The specified field '[CompanyID]' could refer to more than one table listed in the FROM clause of your SQL statement. I do have this field listed in the two tables here, ResearchNotes and CompanyTable and these two tables are joined by the field CompanyID. Note sure how else to get around that.

June7 is online now VIP
    I am baffled. I can't see any reason for that error.

Try rebuilding the query from scratch, try copy/paste the sql into a new query object.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Maybe if you add the two fields.....

Code:
    SELECT IIf(IsNull([Ticker]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Company],[Quickhit]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Ticker],[Ticker] & ", " & [Quickhit])) AS [File As], IIf(IsNull([Ticker]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Company],[Quickhit]),IIf(IsNull([Quickhit]),[Ticker],[Quickhit] & " " & [Ticker])) AS CompanyName, ResearchNotes.*, Companytable.*, Companytable.CompanyID, ResearchNotes.CompanyID

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.