Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Access Appointment Form Help

Hi Guys
    I am trying to create a appointment form for my school project
    i saw a video on YouTube where the user creates a combo box in which the option once selected is not shown in the list for the certain day.
    he also made the combo box list based on the start time break and end time for each doctor

He also managed to link the appointment date text box to the sub form if anyone could help with this as well

If any of you guys could help me it would great full

Thanks

aussie92 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I think we are going to need a little more insight as to what you are trying to do..

i saw a video on YouTube where the user creates a combo box in which the option once selected is not shown in the list for the certain day.
    Are you saying that once someone selects something it is now no longer select-able? For example... If the option is "What time of day would you like to make an appointment?" and someone selects 8:00 am, that option is now unavailable?

he also made the combo box list based on the start time break and end time for each doctor
    This can be done by creating the second drop-down (appointment time) based off the answer to the first drop-down (doctor name). However, this means whoever is making the appointment must know what doctor they need. Is that correct?

He also managed to link the appointment date text box to the sub form if anyone could help with this as well
    I am not sure what the question is here. It would depend on what subform you need.

I am sure we can help, but if you can give any greater detail as to what you are trying to accomplish (what subform you need, what fields you have, etc), I am sure we can help.

Basically I am trying to create a form to book an appointment for a vet clinic

Yes I would like the combo box to work like that. I.e the combo list provides the user with the option of times that are available. When the user selects the certain time that option should disappear so that it can not be accidental selected again by the user. And then it should show up in the subform

Is it possible to create the list for the combo box by using the information about the VET's start,break and end time and that each appointment is 30 minutes. eg
    DR Jake starts at 9:00 AM has a Break at 1:00 PM and ends at 5:00 PM. So the list is created by working out all the time slots by add 30 min from the start time till the end excluding the break.

Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Yes that is possible. What I am assuming you would have to do is to create a sort of calendar of available times and doctors and then use a master table to go off that. For example, if today is Wednesday, the dropdowns would query the Wednesday shifts available. Let me create a mock-up and send it over.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Access.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	14916
    Here is a picture of the combo box i saw and would like to get.

Hey aussie92
    Have you completed your mock-up yet if so could you help me out by sending it.
    much appreciated

BRZ-Ryan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Re: Access Appointment Form Help

I could use this for my project too! Please post here

June7 is offline VIP
    The YouTube video did not provide the code? Related thread https://www.accessforums.net/access/...oop-40475.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

yeah it has the VBA code few minutes into the video but i keep getting errors once i entered the code so i decided to seek help.
    And no my other thread is not solved as i am still trying to figure the coding for the combobox so that the option dissaperears once selected by the user prevenitny any chance of a double booking.
    It would be much appreciated June7 if you help me overcome this problem as i have been trying for the past few days.
    And it is due in very soon so could you help me out
    Cheers

June7 is offline VIP
    I never had need for anything like this and don't have any existing code. This could mean a significant effort to analyze your db and write the appropriate code and I am not willing to do someone's homework.

I take it the code you posted in other thread is not supposed to accomplish this? If that code does do what it is was designed for after the suggested edits, then that thread is resolved and this thread is a different issue for the same combobox.

Sorry, I don't have a solution.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    sorry guys - got caught up with stuff. Yeah, let me finish it real quick. I think it may help to do the doctor part differently. let me set it up the way i think it would work better and ill post it ASAP.

apppointment_example.zip

okidoki... here it is. Hope you dont mind pink

There is a couple bugs, but I am sure you can figure it out from here. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey aussie92 thanks for that
    could just explain to me how it works.
    I opened it up and was quite confused as there so many places where data could be entered LOL
    thanks again for file

go to the appointments form, and from there you can enter appointments

The Lookup_Doctors table is where you would enter in doctor names (you can create a form for that if you want)

The Lookup_Pets is where you would add pets names and their owners (feel free to make a form for it, and add criteria if needed)

And the Lookup_Schedule is where you would need to put to daily schedule for the doctors. It should be pretty self explanatory.

Again, you will probably need to make forms for all the other items you need. Let me know if that makes sense!

Hey Guys
    I have attached the database i am working on
    Can any of you help me create the code so that the combo box works in a way such that the time slot is no longer shown for that day preventing double bookings.

Eg: the user has made an appointment with a client at 10:00 AM 5/1/2014
    The 10:00 AM slot should no longer be displayed in the appointment time combo box on the mainform for 5/1/2014 but can be displayed for all other dates

It would be much appreciated if you could help me out before Monday as this needs to be given in on Monday
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.