A kinason is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Exclamation How to identify the person who carried out a transaction

I downloded this sample DB designed by "Sullitec" But i have two problems:

1. In the table "ztblUserLog", how is the SecurityID dropped into it when a new user logs in? Which is the VBA passed on the form to enable such update on the table?
    2. Suppose for each sales operation on the Table "tblSales" you wish to know who entered the record. For that reason, on the the "tblSales"you create a field for "SecurityID", How will it be possible for that field to be updated with the securityID of the the user who entered the record, knowing that it is a multiuser DB and Many people are loged in at that time. (Assume the "user" uses the form "frmSales" to perform the opertion)

Security Levels 2012.zip

I will be glad receiving help from anyone

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    1. SecurityID is an autonumber type field. I don't understand what you need to know. View the code behind the login forms. As well as the general modules.

2. The basUserInfo module declares global user info variables that are populated by the code behind frmUserLogon. Those variables can be referenced in any VBA procedure.

A database with multiple users should be split design. Each user should run their own copy of the frontend located on their workstation.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

A kinason is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks June, Found out how to make it work. Actually SecurityID is an Autonumber Field in the table "tblSecurity" but it is automatically entered in the table "ztblUserLog" when a user logs in. The code that makes it happen is found on the On Timer Event of the form "frmstartUp"

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.