Ruegen is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

VBA If getting error because I know it is wrong

I have

Code:
    If Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!StatusID <> 5 Then
    DoCmd.Close
    End If
    If Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!StatusID = 5 And Not IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationDate) And IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationReasonID) And IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationContact) Then
    MsgBox "Please fill all the fields for the cancellation details"
    End If
    If Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!StatusID = 5 And IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationReasonID) Then
    End If
    If Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!StatusID = 5 And IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationContact) Then
    End If
    If Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!StatusID = 5 And Not IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationDate) And Not IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationReasonID) And Not IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationContact) Then
    DoCmd.Close
    End If
    How do I write this correctly? I know I can't have two docmd.close currently

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Because of the first If Then statement your code was always going to close the form. Maybe something like

Code:
    If Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!StatusID = 5 And Not IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationDate) And Not IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationReasonID) And Not IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationContact) Then
    DoCmd.Close
    Exit Sub
    Else
    End If

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Why is it wrong? What happens?

The message doesn't specify which field(s) need data so all the If Then conditions are superfluous. Maybe:

If Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!StatusID = 5 And Not IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationD ate) And Not IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationR easonID) And Not IsNull(Me.frmSubBookingsControl.Form!CancellationC ontact) Then
    DoCmd.Close
    Else
    End If
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Well I get a can't find error when the form is closed because I guess the form closes before the command can follow through to the next therefore have it missing.

Remember I need the if <> 5 to work too...

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Even though form closes, the code continues to execute unless use an Exit Sub.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Please describe WHAT you are trying to do with some sample data. You are showing us HOW you did something, and we are left guessing your intentions.
    It's easy to use the wrong/inappropriate function or make a syntax error, but difficult to divine the underlying concept from code that you know has errors.

Good luck with your project

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Please describe WHAT you are trying to do with some sample data. You are showing us HOW you did something, and we are left guessing your intentions.
    It's easy to use the wrong/inappropriate function or make a syntax error, but difficult to divine the underlying concept from code that you know has errors.

Good luck with your project
    It's a booking form.

I have a close form button that disappears based on the current status. If the status (StatusID) combo box is changed to 5 it becomes "cancelled" however, all the associated fields have to be filled.

If the staff place the status to 5 but don't fill in the fields, the close form button disappears until all the fields are completed.

Should the staff change the status while there is a date in the cancellation date field - then they also can't close the form until they have cleared the filled date field.

There are a few conditions basically that the user has to adhere to before they can close the form.

I made it so that the closed button appears or disappears from visibility based on my set criteria.

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Even though form closes, the code continues to execute unless use an Exit Sub.
    So just add Exit Sub to the code? I think that may solve the issue..

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Seems to have fixed it, I won't know until all the situations have been run through but looks to work thanks!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.