Phred is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Excessive Requests for SA login to SQL during Access development.

Access 2007, SQL Server 2008 R2, All architecture developed in ModleRight and Generated to SQL Server successfully, ODBC established, I can link to, and see, all tables in Access, ODBC requires my SA and password witch works fine. I am building my queries on SQL Server Query Editor and then save them, I copy the SQL and paste it in a Access Pass-Through query. My setup is virtualized using VMware. I have a Virtual SQL SERVER and a Virtual Access 2007 workstation. Everything seems to work fine. When I open the database I have to log on as SA. All that seems normal to me.

I AM AN EXPERIENCED ACCESS DEVELOPER BUT THIS IS MY FIRSTTIME USING SQL SERVER AS A BACKEND. I AM JUST STARTING ON MY FRONT END SCREEN DEVELOPMENT.

I am getting hit hundreds of times to reenter my SA password. Every move I make, every touch, every modification, moving back and forth from design to view form, everything causes the SA logging to fire. This is a completely isolated environment, there are no other users. I am in complete control of SA and am the administrator and can do anything on SQL Server. It seems to me the problem is on the Access side in sustaining my SA login.

There is no VBA code at this point to even post. I am not sure what other information to give you. Please ask.

I must be missing something basic.

Thanks

Phred

Dal Jeanis is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Hmmm. I don't know VMware, but one question I'd ask is, are you holding open a connection to a "fake" table on the backend, to keep the connection open, or is it possible that the different applications are "helping" you by dropping the connection to the back end whenever it "isn't needed"?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.