tstoneami is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Report Prints Perfectly - but prints 58 times! WTH? Haalp!

Well, I can't figure this one out. I have a main report and subreport. When I print preview all the records its perfect. When I specify a single report (DoCmd) it brings the appropriate data out - but prints it 58 times - the number of the records matching as far as I can tell.

Any clues? Thanks!

June7 is online now VIP
    Post the code. Or provide db. Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

It will take a bit of time. FYI I added several fields to the subreport that are part of the table that makes up the main report. The number of copies go up into the multi thousands.

Question: If I send you the db, it will contain my forms/reports, etc also, right?

June7 is online now VIP
    I assume it will have forms/reports, unless this is a split db design, in which case need both files.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

UPDATE: I neglected to mention that I am connecting to an external data source via ODBC - the DB is remote. In the process of preparing the DB I made a local copy and began to document what I'd hope you'd look at. To my (happy) surprise, everything worked. Even everything I tried and failed at previously more or less works. It seems the connectivity is the issue - it is impacting Access's ability to run the reports properly.

Can you (or someone) please confirm that they are able to remotely connect to DBs and see appropriate behavior? I would like to prevent my client from having to reconnect and make local data before running reports. What a journey for this new Access user!!

June7 is online now VIP
    I have connected to Oracle and dBase tables via ODBC. Didn't do much more than run queries and it's been quite a while. The dBase tables were on our local network server. The Oracle tables were on a server located somewhere within our wide area network (state agency).

Yeah, I am using the internet to connect to a remotely hosted system (Quickbase) via a custom ODBC connector (Qunect). Works great if the DB is small or if you just want to pull data out. Running real time reporting on a DB of any size is problematic to say the least. At least I have a little boost of confidence now, tho. Stuff I thought I was being stupid with before actually works locally.

June7 is online now VIP
    That, I have never done.

This was solved. I had an unneeded join in the subreport. Apparently local performance was sufficient to reconcile the essentially additional query. Sorry for the WOB, and thanks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.