jeffcia is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2000

Launching Access DB from the Web

I have created some forms, reports, and queries in Access 2000, but now I need the easiest way to create a web page that will run those.

Is there an easy way in VB or Visual Web Designer to simply create a button that will open data entry forms/reports/queries that already exist in an Access DB? Can I simply put in a hyperlink to the DB and move the DB to the VWD project directory?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

--
    Jeff Ciaccio

Chemistry, Physics, and AP Physics Teacher
    Sprayberry High School
    sprayberry.typepad.com/ciaccio

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Microsoft Access is not web enabled. There is no way to do what you seek. The first version of a web enabled solution is in the Access2010 beta but is not ready yet for priime time - plus you would need to remake your application as one must use special web controls.

For general browser connectivity one needs to consider getting a web development solution or considering one of the web based database services of which I would recommend www.DabbleDB.com.

If it does not involve general browser connectivity - but rather geographically distributed users of the same Access database (running locally) then I would recommend www.AccessTables.com

Hope this helps

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.