sleake is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Typing in a combo box not finding items on the list

I am all of a sudden having problems with 3 combo boxes that have a list of US states and companies -- all exhibiting the same behavior. (The third I just recreated thinking that the control might be corrupted.) They are all based on the same table. They are set to auto expand as someone types.

The following are some of the values in the list: Habib, HAC, Hard Rock Cafe, Harris.
    Typing "ha" finds Habib. "harris" finds Hard Rock Cafe, only the Har deletes those letters in the combo box, leaving "har" highlighted, followed by "d Rock Cafe". It does not go beyond Hard Rock to highlight Harris.

I don't know whether this post went up, but I discovered the problem -- Auto correct was changing Cafe to Cafe with e grave, as in the French, and that would halt the combo box search.

Now I can find Harris on the first try. My apologies for not finding the problem before posting.
    Last edited by sleake; 05-11-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Found the answer to my problem. See the last section of post.

Wow. Cool problem. Thanks for posting it, because it reminds me how many little helpful things I need to turn off for my applications to work right...

sleake is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Glad it was helpful. Turning off can be as important as turning on!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.