Basket61 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Angry IIF statement-multiple field results populate another field, all in same table

I have a table with a list of 3 documents that I need to track as due/received. Once I get all 3 I'd like to populate 1 other field with "all received." However, not all 3 documents are necessarily required.

In my form, I have the following expression:

[DocumentsReceived]: IIf([InventoryListReceived]="Yes" And [DRPlan_TestReceived]="Yes" And [VendorContractReceived]="Yes","YES","No")

[DocumentsReceived] is the field I want to update (I need to be able to run reports based on having all these preliminary docs, so I really need that to populate in a field I can query against going forward).

I can't find an example of "where" in my expression to tell it to update that particular field.

Do I need 3 more fields, each telling the database if that document is needed and then increase the expression? Something like:

[DocumentsReceived]: IIf(([InventoryListRequired] = "Yes" AND [InventoryListReceived]="Yes") And ([DRPlan_TestRequired] = "Yes" AND [DRPlan_TestReceived]="Yes") And ([VendorContractRequired] = "Yes" AND [VendorContractReceived]="Yes"),"YES","No")

I think I'm doing more work than necessary, but I can't wrap my head around the logic.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    No need to save the 'all received' result. This can be calculated when needed in query or on form/report. Filter criteria can be applied to the constructed field.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Basket61 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Well, if I'm on a report that I want to produce and send to other people, how do I take this:

DocumentsReceived]: IIf([InventoryListReceived]="Yes" And [DRPlan_TestReceived]="Yes" And [VendorContractReceived]="Yes","YES","No") and have it show on the report? It would still be a constructed field, such as DocumentsReceived -- how do I display it on the report?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Bind a textbox to the constructed field or put the expression in textbox ControlSource (precede with = sign)

How are you sending the report? Email attaching PDF?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.