MiroY72 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

How to pull first Code after a certain date

Hi,

I am new here and need some help with my Access Query. I am trying to pull the first letter that was sent by our associate after a date.

For example...

We have "Letter Codes" and "Transaction date" in table 1 and "Decision Date" in table 2. I would like to pull the first letter code that was sent out after the "Decision Date" date. So if the date in "Decision date" is 04/18/2013, i would like to look for the "Transaction Date" that is >=04/18/2013 and only pull the first "Letter Codes" record. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    How are the two tables linked?

if you're looking for the first date AFTER the decision date you have to link the two tables, in the criteria of the TRANSACTION DATE have the criteria > [DecisionDate]. Make it a summary query (look for the sigma button, looks like a capital E on your toolbar/ribbon) and put FIRST in the TRANSACTION DATE field. This should give you the first date after the decision date. Save that as one query (make sure it has the field that links the two tables together) then save that query.

From there you can link this query back to your LETTER CODES table and pull whatever information you want from the record. As long as you only have one letter per any given day this should work fine.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.