EddieN1 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Printing Invoices w/ Image Background Spanning Group Header, Detail, Footer

I would like to print invoices and have them look like they are on pre-printed forms. I have a .jpg image that I would like to sub-impose on the report, then super-impose the data on it. I can put the .jpg image on any section, like the group header or detail, but I would really like for it to span group header, detail, and group footer. Any way I could do that?

Thanks, Eddie

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Review http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...spimgwinorform
    especially the section on Add a Logo or Background Image
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for the suggestion. Although I'm able to insert a picture to do this, it will not span a section. If I put it in the Group Header, I cannot extend the picture across to the Detail or Group Footer section. Is there some way to make the image extend across the entire page, just like a pre-printed form would appear to do? Thanks, Eddie

June7 is offline VIP
    Fairly certain this is been addressed in another thread I worked with a long time ago. Can't test with Access until this weekend. Step 8 of the referenced section in that link did not accomplish?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for your suggestion, but that didn't do what I think I need. I can create an image control, but I'm not able to have it span multiple sections. As I said before, I'm trying to print invoices and have it appear as if it's printing on pre-printed forms. I have a jpeg and bmp versions of the form to use. The image has a header, detail, and footer section which, ideally, should relate to the page header, detail, and page footer of my report. If there were some way I could superimpose my report data on top of the image, that would be great. If there's another way to do this, I'm open to other ideas.

By the way, what if I split the jpeg image into three separate images, one for header, detail, and footer? Then I could put separate images in each of the three sections. If I can't do this any other way, I might have to do that. Is there software I could use to split the jpeg image?

June7 is offline VIP
    I tested the instructions in that link. I set the PictureSizeMode property to Clip and the image displayed across all sections of the report and was not distorted. Looks real nice. Did lose some of the image because it is a landscape orientation and the report is portrait. StretchHorizontal also worked but image is distorted.

However, you want specific parts of image to fit within different areas of the report. What is this image of? Can't be replicated with Access controls? Three separate images might be best.

Can use MS Paint or MS Picture Manager to crop images (the latter is easier). Make copies of image and crop each so the original is not changed.

Windows XP Access 2007
    When you're in Design mode, does the image appear in only one section, however, in Print or Print Preview, it shows across all sections?

June7 is offline VIP
    It showed across sections in Design and PrintPreview, didn't actually send to printer.

Windows XP Access 2007
    June7, thanks for your help and I realize part of what I was doing wrong. Instead of inserting an image "control", I assigned a picture to the Report. This allowed my invoice background to be the invoice.jpg across multiple sections. By the way, I set Tiling to "No" so I have only one image per page as desired.

However, now I have a different problem. I can align the data elements in the Page Header section just fine using the Layout view. Similarly, in the Detail section, I can place the detail controls. However, when I try to use the Layout view to set the text controls in the proper location in the Page Footer section, I can't even get close. Anything you can think of that I might be missing here? Thanks again, Eddie

June7 is offline VIP
    No idea, never tried anything like this.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.