wrkadri is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question Search Query not giving all results

Hi all,
    I have been working on upgrading my database. I created a search query where I used a form to search for certain data. In this query, I used the criteria " Like "*" & [forms]![Search]![PUAMI Reference] & "*"
    When I search, I get results but few stays missing. For example, let's say I have 200 people living in Detroit, but when I search for Detroit, I get 100 results.
    If you can help me, I need to find the whole 200 records to be shown.

Thank you in advance.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Suggest you post your SQL statement for starters so it can be analyzed. Difficult to say what your issue is without seeing data and at least your query.

Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    The search query is for one table (main), here's the SQL statement:

SELECT main.[PUAMI Reference], main.Canceled, main.[Reason for Cancelation], main.[Name of PUAMI assessor], main.[Assessment Date], main.[Month/year of Arrival], main.[GPS Coordinates], main.[Village ID], main.[Village-Area], main.[Name of Head of HH], main.[Tel No of Head of HH], main.[Family Book No], main.[Existing Situation -Economic Status ID], main.[Monthly rent USD], main.[HCR Registration No], main.[Total no of displaced family members], main.[Area of Origin], main.[Total rooms occupied by displaced family], main.[People per room], main.Nationality, main.[ID Number], main.[Existing Situation -Physical Status ID], main.[Name of House Owner], main.[Lebanese ID No], main.[Tel No of Owner], main.[Total rooms in House], main.[No of persons between 18 and 55], main.[Working people (18-55)], main.[Total Family Income Per Month]

WHERE (((main.[PUAMI Reference]) Like "*" & [forms]![Search]![PUAMI Reference] & "*") AND ((main.[Name of PUAMI assessor]) Like "*" & [forms]![Search]![PU Assessor] & "*") AND ((main.[Assessment Date]) Like "*" & [forms]![Search]![Assessment Date] & "*") AND ((main.[Village-Area]) Like "*" & [forms]![Search]![Village-Area] & "*") AND ((main.[Name of Head of HH]) Like "*" & [forms]![Search]![Name of Head of HH] & "*") AND ((main.[Tel No of Head of HH]) Like "*" & [forms]![Search]![Tel No of Head of HH] & "*") AND ((main.[Family Book No]) Like "*" & [forms]![Search]![Family Book Number] & "*"));

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	search query.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	10929

Any Clue ?

alansidman is offline VIP
    Your WHERE clause is saying that all the conditions must be met. This is because you have them all on the same line of the query grid. Is this in fact what you are looking for? Your query looks normal and I don't see any issues.

Though it looks normal, but I have 3044 records in this table and if I keep the search fields empty and click on the runquery button, I should get the whole 3044 records. Yet, I get only 2062 records. On the other hand, when I search for specific records, I get blank results. I don't know what's the problem with this. Everything seems to be right.

Thank you for your help, I'll try something else.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.