Hello guys,

I have been trying to fix the following problem for a while now.
I have an access file that I use to import data to a sharepoint list just by opening the .accdb file. The access file extracts data from an excel list I get from somewhere, it does several things, like correlating the name of the person from the excel file with the ID of that person from the sharepoint - active directory duo in order to get sharepoint to show the name properly (using UserInfo list from sharepoint). Then a second query gets that processed information and does a check to see if those entries are already in the sharepoint list, matching it with a unique identifier.

I managed to get all the fields that caused problems (2 date fields - yyyy/mm/dd; 1 currency field; 1 number field) to be displayed in the "datasheet view" of the query exactly as sharepoint requires it (same format), but no data from those fields is being imported to sharepoint.

In the meantime, I fixed the number field (we'll call it Qty field) using a CDbl function on the previous preparation query; it imports the quantities properly for the newly added entries, but when trying to use the same function in a different update query for the already added entries, the query fails to update the sharepoint list entries with the proper qties (doing a match on the unique ID field i use)

I tried DateValue, format(###,"yyyy/mm/dd") for the date fields, no luck.
For the currency field I tried CDbl (i get an error), Value and I even tried Int, even though I would need that 2 digit precision. CCur function gives me an error also.

Attachment 10770

I also tried changing the settings in the sharepoint list for the currency field (changed it to number with auto precision, then 2 digit precision, no luck).

Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix this ?

Thanks so much in advance for your ideas.