How to deploy a database to be used on 2 different pcs

Hello,

I just finished my database and need to send to another colleague so we can all use it. I thought it would as easy as email the database to them (pls dont laugh) and of course my macros etc will not work on the recipient's pc. Can you please provide some guidance on how I can do this successfully. Thanks!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You and colleagues not on the same local network? This is not a split db? Why won't the macros work?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

No, we're not on the same network. The database is on my "c" drive. Do I need to split it first?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You can give the db file to whomever you want but the data entered into the various copies will not be shared. Everyone will have their own independent set of records. Synchronizing the various datasets into one master will not be easy.

Splitting won't really help your situation where users are not on the same network. If users cannot login to your server then you might have to build a web database.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.