ENAVU is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Create Report based on a crosstab with date parameters

I created a crosstab on my database. I put in a date parameter so I can choose dates, and left the groupby part blank.

I go to report wizard to create a report, I select my crosstab query, then select my fields but they are all blank.

I kept searching about dynamic monthly crosstab reports and column headings but I can't figure it out. Help please.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ENAVU is offline Novice
    June7, can I PM you for more details?

June7 is offline VIP
    Best to post questions in thread. What exactly do you not understand from the referenced link?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ENAVU is offline Novice
    So I am looking at your response. I am new to access and do understand the basics of creating reports and such but only basics.

When you say "the crosstab fields are created by expressions. No VBA is involved in this approach. and you post a query, I am not aware of what you mean by that query. I don't understand what the query means and how it would fix the fields from disappearing when you are creating a report from a crosstab query.

Also when you mention "Then labels on the report could be textboxes with an expression to calculate the text to display as a caption. The expressions could reference the form textbox:" are you saying that I have to create this report with textbox instead of using the report wizard?

Thank you in advance for your help.

June7 is offline VIP
    I don't know why your fields are showing blank in report. I would have to examine data, query, report.

Suggest you do this exercise. Build a table based on the data sample in the referenced thread. Then copy/paste the query statement into the SQL view window of Query Designer. Open the query in datasheet view and examine the results. Hopefully this will clarify this alternate approach.

The query would then be the RecordSource for report.

Yes, I am saying to use textboxes to serve as labels for monthly data fields.

I don't use wizards for form and report design.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.