shaunacol is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Unhappy Exporting to sharepoint web database

My company wants to collect details about clients, their communications etc and would like it to be accessible from 'on the road' so we are considering using sharepoint to host a web database in MS access 2010.

The sticking point is what a web enabled database can do and in particular I am worried about repoting and also about the regular importing of client details where I import emails from outlook (then I have a series of queries which breaks down the emails and updates the client table). So I am thinking of doing the following, but interested if people think this will work and if it is the best solution:

1. Create a web enabled database which the sales force can access from anywhere. Call this database 1.
    2. Create another MS Access database (not web) which performs the function of importing data from emails (the lady who does this is always in office and has MS Access licence). Call this database 2. I can then link this to the 'working data' of database 1 so the lady can run the import and other complex reports which i believe the web version wont support
    3. Do regular 'pushes' of the new leads from database 2 to database 1

What do people think? Will this work? My experience with sharepoint and web enabled databases is thruogh reading only so if there are any major things i havent thought through feel free to point them out. thanks!

shaunacol is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    this could be worded better point 2. should read

Create another MS Access database (not web) which performs the function of importing data from emails (the lady who does this is always in office and has MS Access licence). Call this database 2. I would then like to link the 'working data' of database 1 into the back end of database 2 so the lady can see the real data, update it and run complex reports on it that (I believe) he cant do on the web version

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.