skyi is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Auto Date input

Hi, I'm very new to Access2010. I created a Table and a From based on the table. Basically I use Form as an input to key in all the data to the Table. I can manage to key in all the data but i can't see the date on the table. In the Form, date field I put it as Date(). When i open the table I can see all other information that I key in through the Form but the date field is blank. I have no Idea why ;'( Can anybody help me Pls? Thank You So Much. God Bless Ya..

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You put Date() where, in what property? Try it in the DefaultValue property. When you start a new record, the field will have the current date. It will not populate field for existing records.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

skyi is offline Novice
    I'm sorry for my English what i'm tryin to do is... On my Form I have, Auto ID, Date,Material Barcode,Quantity. I'm going to input Material Barcode and Quanity in the Form and add the record to the Table. When I open the table, the table can show All the input such as ID,Material Barcode and Quantity but never display the date so that I have to enter type in the date myself. I'm so sorry I'm trying to attach the pics but something wrong with the page.. Thank You So Much for Your Help.

June7 is online now VIP
    Did you try what I suggested? You didn't answer my question. Where did you use Date()? If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

skyi is offline Novice
    Hi! Thanks for the instruction. First I click on the Date Field from Form Design View then I type the Date() under Property Sheet>>Data>>control source. I can see date automatically appear in on the Form but not in the table thanks in advance

June7 is online now VIP
    ControlSource must be a field of the table, not an expression, if you want data saved to table.

Try setting DefaultValue to Date() instead.

skyi is offline Novice
    OMG thank you so much. It works. I really appreciate ur help. Thanks a million

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.