rt310 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Exclamation Query for book search, Can't go to specified record error and login form code?

Basically what i want to do is have multiple queries so that you can search books according to either the Publisher, ISBN, Genre, Title, Author, etc. I can do the queries just by inputting the criteria ([what genre?] etc.) but it doesn't look good. Can i search for the book in any other way? I've tried to use QBF but to be honest i have no idea how to.

Second question:I have a form which allows me to input new stock - i have 4 buttons; add author, which directs me to another form where i can add an author, add genre and add publisher. The fourth button, the "add new record" button gives me a "Can't go to specified record" error. I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Third question: I want to make a login form that pops up when the database is open. From there you can enter a username and password, and be granted access (a form will pop up which will allow you to navigate to different places), or be signed in as a guest. When signed in as a guest the navigation pane will be hidden and a seperate form that only displays the search for books form will be displayed. I've been told that i can get the code off from the internet, but am having no luck finding it.

Thx in Advance!

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.