D4WNO is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Auto-fetching Data From 3rd Party Program, Access 2007

Hi all,

As you will probably guess from the rest of this post, I'm a total noob compared to you guys when it comes to Access (2007) but I am able to build a very basic database and run a few queries/understand how joins work etc.

Current situation:I currently download ticket data from a program called Remedy via a Remedy report into an Excel file and then upload this seperately into a table within my Access database. I then go ahead and run queries etc against this. However, this takes a very long time and was wondering if there was a way I could "call" or request the data with a click of a button within Remedy.

Ideal situation:Click a button/run a query in Access which fetches all data from Remedy which was last updated the day before for example. Then I can run queries I already have to update those that have been updated recently and add brand new results onto the bottom of the data (last updated is a date field that is available to be in Remedy).

I hope you can help, it's difficult to know where to start.

Thanks in advance
    Dawn

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    What is Remedy? What database does it use (Access, SQL, Oracle, dBase)? Can you even see the data tables?

Quite possible Access cannot communicate directly with Remedy. You might be able to use code in Access to open Remedy program. Then code in Remedy would run report, export to Excel. All depends on how much programming, if any, you can do in Remedy.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.