vansicklej is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

White Space on Report

Hi,

Hopefully this hasn't been covered. I've searched for a possible solution and haven't found one, so figured I'd post to see if someone could help.

I have a report with data in a report header, no data in the page header, data in a group header, no data in the details, data in the page footer, and data in the report footer. Those sections with no data in are collapsed to a height of 0". I have a chart that grows and shrinks in the group header, and on a couple pages it grows quite large to the point where I need as much space on the report as possible to display it properly without creating a second blank page. However, with my current set-up, I'm getting about 1 inch of white space between the bottom of the location header and the top of the page footer (right where the collapsed details section is). Does anyone understand what is creating this white space, and how I can go about utilizing it for information from my location header?

Thanks in advance.

James

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    The first thing I would check is the report margins.
    Open the report in design view. Goto (menu) FILE/PAGE SETUP. The margin settings are on the "Margin" tab. You can try and set them to 0 (zero), but sometimes Access resets the margins to a minimal size (~ 0.195) depending on the printer driver.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

I have ensured that the margins are set accurately. Also, this most likely wouldn't be the issue as the white space I'm referring to is between two sections. The margins should only affect the white space between the last section and the edge of the report.

Thanks,

James

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Idea #2: Change the background color of each of the collapsed sections to different colors to determine which section is expanding.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Great idea. It seems it is the Group header. Now the strange thing is, is that I have the graph on my group header, and it is expanded all the way to the top of the bar of the next section in design view. However, it isn't expanded all the way to the bottom of the group header section when it's in report view.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.