GoliathRulz68 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Angry Removing # Sign in HyperLink Address (On Click) Command Button

Ok, I need some help on this one. I know the solution is staring me right in the face but I can't see it.

I have a command button on a Web Mutli-Record form that is using a "= [Report_URL]" value within the Hyperlink Address property. This all seems to work other than the fact that when the link popups up it has a "#" on either side that basically makes it an invalid address. How do I get rid of the # signs to get the web address popup in the URL when a user clicks on the Command Button that is associated to the row the record is on.

I did try searching for the answer for about an hour prior to doing this post, but I don't seem to be finding the answer.

Thanks in advance for your time,

MDF

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bad_Link_Clip.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	7177

This is basically how the cmdButton properties looks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cmdButton.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	7178

Wink Solved Issue

Basically the field [Report_URL] was a Hyperlink field. I created a text field that was not a hyperlink but did contain the text. This being identified as the field for the Command Button worked.

Nervermind. Now it works in the client but when you post it to SharePoint the link doesn't activate.

I love how stuff works in the client perfectly and then when you post it up .... Like a simple link Microsoft says .... "Oh, you thought that was supposed to work like that .... We don't think so."

So this issue comes down to the fact that text boxes within a SharePoint web form cannot display or use a string value greater than 255 characters. If someone has another idea of how to display a string in a text box on SharePoint of greater than 255 characters let me know. In the meantime, I figured out if I make the link text relative I cut out 50 characters and can get under the 255 for SharePoint to display / use the link.

The other issue was that I was creating a "searchable" field that has a combination of two large text fields plus some other text fields. I used a left([string here], 250) and basically that truncated it to under the 255, which allows it to work. The issue is that not all the text is searchable, but at this point I don't care.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.