OK, let me try to explain this ...

I have a "report categorization" application that has about 10 fields where I have a linking table to allow multiple codes based on different types of information. I basically had to go this route to get MS Access 2010 to play nice with SharePoint due to the multiselect option is MS Access client not allowing any filtering when it gets pushed to the SharePoint site. All this said, now I have the issue of basically creating the filter screen.

I know that I have to have a header that uses a temp variable to look at the aggregated string field to see if [tempvar] is in it "Select [field] HAVING [tempvar]".

This said I need to figure out how to build the macro on the "After Insert", "After Change" and "After Delete" to run. The goal would be to basically rebuild the aggregated string for a specific report to include an entry for each item that it finds in the query. Basically I want to flatten a query and make a string of one field.

If I run a query that has 4 rows where there is something like:

Form A
Form B
Form C

I want a Data Macro to fire at the time of a change / entry to rebuild a corresponding aggregate Text field to make it look like this (commas between each)

Form A, Form B, Form C

This will allow me to use that table versus the One-to-Many-to-One option to build the filter form.

Yes I know that I can have a form with subforms, but the issue that I found is that when I apply the filter to the subform it only applies to the subform and does not feed back to the master form to eliminate rows that now have nothing showing in the subform.

If the the subform option can be done to say "nothing showing in subform after filter" then you are not going to show in the master list that would also work.

Thanks all ... Hope someone can help.

MDF