Tjaaaa is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Access crash

Hi
    I have, for me a strange problem.

Have a main fom(mainform) were a have 1 subform(SUB), i change the content of subform with me.subform.SourceObject = "name of subform"
    I do that with a simple if then else checking a field on main form

if field = "A" then (on mainform)
    Me.SUB.SourceObject = "subform A"
    (have also tried form.mainform.SUB.SourceObject)
    else
    Me.SUB.SourceObject = "subform B"
    End if

This procedure is called by 2 buttons who i also use for next/prev post on main form.

So when i click next post, i check the field on main form and open the A or B subfom.
    This work fine but.. if i click on scroll bar in the subs the acces crash? It also happen if i have the access post buttons visible and i click next/prev.
    Both subs have each own require.

Hope u can understand the question.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    SUB is the name of the subform container control? What are names of the two forms used as source objects? Might have to use two subform containers, one for each of the source forms and then set Visibility property as needed.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Tjaaaa is offline Novice
    SUB is the name of the subform container control?
    Yes SUB is the name of the subform container.

What are names of the two forms used as source objects?
    Names? Do you mean what names of my 2 forms who i use in subfom container.

Might have to use two subform containers, one for each of the source forms and then set Visibility property as needed.
    Okay is this a bug in access or?

June7 is online now VIP
    I just wanted to make sure the container did not have same name as one of the source objects.

I don't know if this is a bug or deliberate design. I don't remember ever trying to programmatically set SourceObject property.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Tjaaaa is offline Novice
    The two subs have different names than the subcontainer :-)
    Is there any other way to solve my problem, or should i just have 2 sub containers controlled by the visibility property?

And it must be a bug, or wouldnt access give a error report ?

June7 is online now VIP
    What event do you have the code in? I just tested in the form Current event and no crash and no errors.

If setting the ObjectSource property won't work, setting visibility of two containers is only alternative I know.

Tjaaaa is offline Novice
    Hi
    Dont have the DB at home so cant tell you but i know it is the upper top event in subcontainer cant remember witch that is. Think it is on opening or something (translated from danish)

June7 is online now VIP
    I used the OnCurrent event of the main form, not the subform.

Tjaaaa is offline Novice
    Okay will try that tomorrow :-) Thanx.

JamesRocklyn is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Real simple, Win 7 enterprise 64 bit sp1, Access 32bit 2010, new laptops, fresh loads of each. Access crashes when I try to manually copy a record. This is after the dreaded msain.dll error. We how have had two new computers with identical loads encounter the same errors upon first time to run Access. Of course Access 2007 and 2010 handle reports differently and old forms run in 2010 get scrambled.

trevor40 is offline Advanced db Manager
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Just a sample for you, It may help. This changes the RecordSource of the form.

Me.Frame1296 = Me.Company_selector
    Select Case Frame1296
    Case 1
    Me.Frame1296.Tag = DLookup("[company Title]", "[application data]", " [id] = 5") ' show records from company 1
    Me.Consignment_Note_Tracking___Incoming.Form.Recor dSource = "Consignment note tracking - incoming history query"
    Me.Consignment_Note_Tracking___Outgoing.Form.Recor dSource = "Consignment note tracking - outgoing history query"
    Case 2
    Me.Frame1296.Tag = DLookup("[company Title]", "[application data]", " [id] = 4") ' show records from company 2
    Me.Consignment_Note_Tracking___Outgoing.Form.Recor dSource = "Consignment note tracking - outgoing history query"
    Me.Consignment_Note_Tracking___Incoming.Form.Recor dSource = "Consignment note tracking - incoming history query"
    Case 3
    Me.Consignment_Note_Tracking___Incoming.Form.Recor dSource = "Consignment note tracking - incoming history unfiltered"
    Me.Consignment_Note_Tracking___Outgoing.Form.Recor dSource = "Consignment note tracking - outgoing history unfiltered"
    End Select
    Me.Consignment_Note_Tracking___Incoming.Requery
    Me.Consignment_Note_Tracking___Outgoing.Requery

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.