batman11692003 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Combo Box and Subforms

Hello

I just recently started using Access and can't figure out a couple of things, any help is appreciated

I am trying to filter a table using a Combo Box which then displays a subforms based on field selected in the Combo Box. But the same name appears in the combo box if its enter in the table multiply times. I tried to type distinct in the Row Source but there was no effect.

Also in the Subform I am trying to calculate the Average, which I get it to work but for some reason there's a third row added to the subform row.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    The Distinct doesn't work because you include the ID in the SQL. Each ID is unique which makes each record unique and all are retrieved. If purpose of combobox is to find a specific record of the subform, then the ID is needed. Would have to include every field in the combobox to display each row of the combobox as a unique line.

You have only one table and both forms are bound to this table. Not much of a relational database. Two open forms bound to the same data is not really a good idea. Review this thread about relational database principles http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...es-208217.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.